Tutorials

Monday 8 July 2019

"Blessed"

Hi there Creatives!

I want to share a mixed media round canvas, my Little Birdie DT project for this week with you today.



I wanted a neutral background and love to use old book pages for that. The Little Birdie Soft Matt Gel is perfect to glue the torn book pieces to the wood canvas.


Once it was dry, I painted it with diluted White Gesso. 




I added dimension by stencilling with the Little Birdie Slate Texture Paste and Blocks stencil.



To create a translucent watercolour  effect, I wet the central area and dropped a few drops of Black Currant Color Splash and Golden Glaze Tinted Metallic Paint in the water.


I found the grey  a bit harsh and to tone it down I added a little Cheesecloth. The Little Birdie chipboard title was coloured with Whipped Cream Sparkle Paste and chipboard wreath I finger-painted with Antique Gold Wax, also from Little Birdie.


I created a flower cluster with a selection of Little Birdie Flowers (my favourite).




And to finish off added some feathers and finger paint the edge of the canvas with the Antique Gold wax again. A quick little mixed media canvas, great fun!

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you found some inspiration here.

Happy creative play until next time!
Ezme


I used the following Little Birdie products:
  • Little Birdie Flowers
  • Primed Chipboard: Wreath
  • Primed Chipboard: Word: Blessed
  • White Gesso
  • Uneven Stencil
  • Sparkle Paste:
  • Matt Gel Medium
  • Heavy Gel Medium
  • Antique Gold Metallic Wax
  • Mixed Media Paste
  • Color Splash
  • Tinted Metallic Paint: Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment