Tutorials

Friday 19 July 2019

"Amazing" Single page layout

Hi there Creatives!

The Fairy Sparkle Collection from Little Birdie Crafts is just so cute! And I had the perfect photograph of my two nieces, Jennifer and Samantha to make a perfect layout.  The fussy cut pages that come the paper pack make embellishing the layout easy. You can create something special in no time.



I started with cutting the  paper to use on the background. I used a woodgrain paper from the Texture Brew collection and a Lavender sheet from the Fairy Sparkle collection. I also cut some pieces from the Watercolour Floral Ballet paper pack to layer with and some elements from the embellishment sheet.



I used a baby wipe to apply white Gessoto the background for a muted effect. And splattered with Black Currant Color Splash.



I wanted more texture on the background so I stencilled with Mixed Media Paste and the Stencil.



The chipboard title need to be more crisp, so I painted it with white Gesso and the chipboard wreath I painted with Glazed Berries Tinted Metallic Paint.



l created a layered effect behind the photograph that I matted on a piece of the brown woodgrain paper. I also raised the photograph with cardboard pieces from an old cereal box. I added little flowers and some foliage and spattered with white Gesso again. The wreath was cut in half and tucked in behind the paper and the title added . I also used one of the doily cutouts for more interest.


Here are more close-up pictures:








Thank you for stopping by, I hope you found some inspiration here.

Happy Creative Play!

Ezme




I used the following Little Birdie products:
  • Little Birdie Paper Collections: Fairy Sparkle, Watercolor Floral Ballet, Texture brew
  • Little Birdie Flower Selection
  • Primed Chipboard: Wreath
  • Primed Chipboard: Word: Amazing
  • White Gesso
  •  Stencil
  • Matt Gel Medium
  • Heavy Gel Medium
  • Mixed Media Paste
  • Black Currant Color Splash
  • Tinted Metallic Paint: Glazed Berries
  • Cheesecloth

No comments:

Post a Comment