Tutorials

Friday 24 May 2019

Beautiful

Hi there Creatives!

I was sorting out my photographs and found this picture of my niece as a little girl. She was so cute and I thought the photograph will go perfectly with the new Watercolor paper collection from Little Birdie.




I love the fussy cut page and started by cutting out the beautiful watercolour flower bouquets.





I wanted to add some background interest to a pink Watercolour paper to create more depth. I first painted the page completely with clear Gesso. Then I applied LB White Gesso randomly with a baby wipe to soften the colour.




A favourite technique that I've started to use recently is image transfer. I love it! First I tore small pieces of patterned paper and apply Soft Gel Medium to the printed side. I placed them face down on the background paper and dried it with a heat tool. Once it was dry, I wet the back with water and gently rub the paper from the image until there was no paper left.



Then I applied LB Crackle Paste randomly across the page and stencilled with Passion Pink Sparkle Paste through the LB Script stencil. I distressed the edges, trimmed it a little smaller and adhered it to the green card-stock.


I used two different pieces of pattern paper to layer behind the picture as well as Sisal. The flower cluster is formed with fussy cut flowers, some raised with foam tape, others flat and a variety of pink flowers. I also added die-cut white card-stock leaves.



The Primed Chipboard title, "Beautiful" is placed off centre on a small flower cluster (fussy cut and paper flowers). Although the Little Birdie chipboard is primed, I painted it with white Gesso to make it stand out more.





Thank you for stopping by, I hope you found a little inspiration here.

Happy Creative Play until next time!

Ezme



I used the following Little Birdie products:
  • Little Birdie Flowers: Andrea  pink flowers
  • Little Birdie Flowers: Ariel Pearl  pink flowers
  • Soft Gel Medium
  • Heavy Gel Medium
  • White Gesso
  • Crackle Paste
  • Sparkle paste:
  • Chevron in Aquarelle Patterned Paper
  • Watercolor Floral Ballet
  • Primed Chipboard title
Other products used:
  • Card-stock
  • Clear Gesso
  • Die cut leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment