Tutorials

Wednesday 14 August 2019

Little Birdie Greeting Cards

Hello again Creative friends,

We have so many family birthday celebrations this month, I decided to make some quick and easy greeting cards. I like the DL size. It looks very elegant and I always have DL envelopes in my drawer. I also quite like the feminine Fairy Sparkle paper collection for the cards as it is mostly females celebrating birthdays this month.


I used white card-stock for the base of the cards. I cut it them 19.8cm x 21cm and scored the on 9.9cm leaving me with a 9.9cm x 21cm card. Perfect to fit into a DSL envelope. I also cut 3 pieces from the purple paper as a matt. (9.3 cm x 20.5cm) and 3 pieces with some flower detail measuring 8.8cm x 19.9cm.


The chipboard frames and title was coloured with the Antique Gold wax.


And the other two titles I painted with some White Gesso.


Every card is different. I arranged the gold frames and titles and embellished with Cheesecloth and flowers. The white space areas I splattered with gold paint. (Golden Glaze Tinted Metallic Paint)



The titles  looked a bit bland so I added a little natural Mica powder for some sparkle.



Here are a few close-ups:





Thank you for stopping by, I hope you found some creative inspiration here.


Happy "Creative Play" until next time





I used the following Little Birdie products:
  • Little Birdie Paper Collection: Fairy Sparkle
  • Little Birdie Flowers: Andrea Pink
  • Little Birdie Flowers: Beaded Blooms Pink
  • Primed Chipboard: Frames
  • Primed Chipboard: Word: Love is in the air
  • Tinted Metallic Paint: Golden Glaze
  • Little Birdie Soft Gel Medium
  • Little Birdie White Gesso
  • Little Birdie Natural Mica Powder
  • Cheesecloth

No comments:

Post a Comment