Tutorials

Thursday 5 July 2018

Loads of Love

 Hi there, Creatives!

My fingers have been itching to make a mini-album / journal cover with these 6 x 6 inch Burlap Art Boards and to decorate the front page with the gorgeous Little Birdie flowers.
So here we go!

“Loads of Love” 

Loads of Love


For this project I used the following Little Birdie supplies, including two 6"x6" Burlap Art Boards:
·              Boutique Elements – Renae Celeste flowers
·              Vintaj Micro Jeweled Florettes – Rustic Teal
·              “Script” Stencil
·              Mixed Media Paste 
·              Cheese cloth
·              Sisal Fibers
·              Primed Chipboard – Loads of Love
·              Primed Chipboard – Frame
·              Crystal 
·              Acrylic Soft Gel
·              Tinted Metallic Paint – Golden Glaze

Wonderful Little Birdie supplies!

Step 1
I colored the white mixed media paste with Olive Green ink and stencil through the “Script” stencil. 

Tip:
Remember to wash your stencils immediately to get rid of the left over paste.

Step 1

Step 2
I painted the primed chipboard words and frame with the Tinted Metallic Paint and left it to dry. 
Step 2
Step 3
I added a few glass beads to  crystal pins and glued it together with clear 3D gloss. 

Step 3

Step 4
A wide organza ribbon was tied around the one Burlap Art Board and secured with double sided tape on the back. Before I tied a bow on the front, I layered a piece of cheesecloth and sisal fibers to create more interest. I used Little Birdie’s Soft Acrylic Gel to adhere it to the burlap background.
Step 4

Step 5
The flowers were placed around the frame and words and extra rhinestones and Crystal Drops were added. Again I used the Acrylic Soft Gel as adhesive. I also found some Gueney fowl feathers that made their way onto the cover.


Step 5
Step 6
To finish off the project, I added a metal key and hearts, as well as some tassels I made with tassel clamps and embroidery floss. 

Step 6

Here are some more close up photographs:





Please join me for a step by step video tutorial using the awesome Little Birdie Products.




I hope this leaves you inspired to create. 

Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment