Tutorials

Monday 23 July 2018

"You are one in a Melon!"

Hi there, Creatives!

I just love this photograph of my niece. For my Little Birdie Design Team project  I decided to go with clean lines to capture her innocence and very little mixed media elements except some gold paint splatters with Little Birdie's Tinted Metallic Paint. The pink Little Birdie Flowers and chipboard were the perfect choice to use with the fun Lady Pattern Paper's "Good Times and Tan Lines" collection.

“You are one in a Melon”



Let’s start:

Step 1
For the background I use a pink patterned paper and white cardstock. I trimmed the card-stock to 11” x 11” and punched a decorative border on the bottom side. Then I used a black thin liner to draw in some faux stitches. To create layers behind the photo I adhered 2 complimenting pieces of patterned paper measuring 6” x 7,5” and 4,5” x 6”. I then splattered with the Tinted Metallic Paint, Golden Glaze.

Tip:
Remember to wash your paintbrush immediately.
 
Step 1

Step 2
The next layer is formed with the Little Birdie Chipboard Brick Wall and flowers.
 
Step 2
Step 3
The photograph and sentiment card is adhered on top of the flowers and chipboard elements. The melon is line with some Glossy Accents to create some interest.
 
Step 3
Step 4
I embellished with small Beaded Micro Florettes- Cerise Pink, enameled brads, paperclips with bakers twine and Florettes and coordinating ribbon.
 
Step 4

Step 5
To finish the layout off, I did a few cross-stitches with golden embroidery floss and some sticker words.
 
Step 5
Here is some more details close up:





I hope this leaves you inspired to create.
  
I used the following Little Birdie supplies for this single page layout:
·              Symphony Flowers, Candy Mix
·              Beaded Micro Florettes: Cerise Pink
·              Primed Chipboard – Brick wall
·              Tinted Metallic Paint – Golden Glaze

and also papers from Lady Pattern paper: "Good Times and Tan Lines" paper collection, brads and ribbon from my stash, as well as ordinary paper clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment