Tutorials

Tuesday 14 August 2018

Happy: Mixed media layout

Hi there Creatives!

I have been so spoiled with all the gorgeous Little Birdie Crafts products! All I want to do is play! This time I did a single page layout again with the gorgeous succulents and woodgrain paper. I just love this color palette!

Happy!
Supplies


I used a cream card-stock to build the layout on and trimmed the wood-grain paper to 11" x 11". Then I distress all the edges. For the first layer behind the photograph, I used a 6" x 6" sand colored piece of script paper and distressed it all around as well.



I then stenciled with the gesso and the Mosaic stencil, and splattered with Color Splash and Plum Gold Tinted metallic paint. I used  a heat tool to dry.



The next layer is a piece of Burlap and old book paper.



I painted the title with Tinted Metallic Paint: Golden Plum, and the dragonfly charm with white Gesso.



Create a cluster of flowers, succulents and leaves and add the painted title. I raised the title with foam tape.



To add more detail I adhered Crystal Drops with glossy Accents, as well as  pearls and word stickers.




Here are a few close-up pics:





I hope this leaves you inspired to create something beautiful !

Please join me as I take you through my creative process is this video:



I used the following Little Birdie Craft supplies for this project
  • Texture Brew Paper Pack - 12inch x 12inch
  • Mixed Media Paste - White
  • Chipboard Sentiments: Think Positive
  • Mini succulents: Succulent Meadow
  • Mini succulents: Ornamental Succulents
  • Mosaic Stencil
  • Tinted Metallic Paint: Golden Plum
  • "Black Currant" Color splash
  • Burlap
  • Little Birdie Foliage: Spiral tendril
  • White Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment