Tutorials

Wednesday 31 October 2018

Make a Wish!

Hi there Creatives!

This time I really stretched my boundaries and worked with colour out of my comfort zone! I normally like to work with more subdued colors, but I thought :  let me be adventurous and go for Yellow! 

This photo taken of my daughter on her seventeenth Birthday is so whimsical and filled with glorious yellows and gold, perfect for this layout!



I created the background on paper from my stash and yellow paper from the Little Birdie Chevrons in Aquarelle Collection. I tore a piece and adhered it a little off side . I applied Mixed Media Paste through the LB Script Stencil.


I sprayed Tangerine and Lime Splash Color Splash randomly. I also splattered with watered down white Gesso and Golden Glaze Tinted Metallic Paint across the page.



The LB Chipboard is already primed therefor it is easy to paint the Golden Glaze   Tinted Metallic paint on it. I really love the little wreath.

To create the layered effect behind the photograph, I used old book paper and an off cut piece of paper from my stash. I tucked the chipboard and leaves in behind the photo and added some leaves. finally I adhered the flowers and some self adhesive pearls.



Here are some close up photos:




I hope this leaves you inspired to create and try out these gorgeous Little Birdie products!

Until next time: happy creating!

I used the following Little Birdie products:

  • Chevron in Aquarelle
  • Little Birdie Flowers:
  • Little Birdie Roses
  • Primed chipboard: Tassel Berry
  • Primed chipboard: Cherry Wreath
  • Primed chipboard: Happy Birthday Words
  • White Gesso
  • Tangerine Color Splash
  • Lime Splash Color Splash
  • Mixed Media Paste

No comments:

Post a Comment