Tutorials

Monday 15 October 2018

Blessed

Hi there Creatives!

I’m back again with another layout. I really enjoy using the Texture Brew papers to create an interesting background for layouts. This time I combined it with a peachy color from the “Chevron in Aquarelle” paper pack.

Let me show you what I did.


Although Little Birdies chipboard words are primed already, I wanted it whiter so I painted it with the white Gesso. I also painted the Cloud tags with white Gesso.



I used a Wet Wipe to apply the white Gesso to the background. I find it applies the Gesso more evenly.


To create the background I tore 2 pieces of the blue-ish wood grain paper to leave a “window’ in the middle of the page. Again I applied Gesso with a Wet Wipe. I also stenciled with Grainy texture paste and the stencil. I splattered with the Berry Blast Color Splash and white Gesso, and layered some old book paper and leftover patterned paper where I wanted to place the photograph.


I created an embellishment cluster with a Little Birdie flower and Cloud tag and some other elements.


I first adhered a small piece Cheesecloth before I placed the photograph, and created an embellishment frame around the photograph using flowers the title and the Cloud tag.


To finish off, I stamped a little and splattered some more with the Berry Blast, I  added some Crystals.





I hope this leaves you inspired to create and try out these gorgeous Little Birdie products!

Until next time: Happy creating!


I used the following Little Birdie products:

  • Texture Brew paper pack

  • Chevron in Aquarelle

  • Little Birdie Flowers:Natalie Moonlight

  • Primed chipboard: Cloud Tags

  • Primed chipboard: Words

  • White Gesso

  • Gel Medium

  • Cheesecloth

  • Grainy Texture Paste



No comments:

Post a Comment