Tutorials

Tuesday 31 July 2018

Memory Box

Hello, Creatives!

Memory boxes are such fun! My fingers were itching to play with the Black Current Color splash and Drift Wood Chalk paint.  And this is what I came up with. I just loved working with Tinted Metallic Paints too! I think they are my new favorite medium!



Step 1
To prepare the Book Box, I unscrewed the hinges and set them aside. To create texture I randomly stenciled with the mosaic stencil and "Grainy Texture Paste" on the cover of the Book Box and then dried with the craft heat tool.






Step 2
I painted the Book Box with the "Drift wood" acrylic Chalk paint. The Chalk paint dry quite fast, I had no need to use the heat tool. To add depth I sprayed with "Gathered Twigs" Distress Stain and to add color, I sprayed with the glorious"Black Current" color splash. I used the "Golden Plum" and "Glazed Berries" Tinted Metallic paint , thinned down with water and a flared paint brush to splatter across the book cover. I used the craft heat tool again to dry the paint and ink splatters.




Step 3
As focus point I used the Primed chipboard - Heart Vine Square frame and painted it with the "Golden Plum" Tinted Metallic paint. I raised the the frame and photo with cardboard and  layered a small piece of Cheesecloth  more or less in the centre of the Book Cover.



Step 4
I arranged the flowers, "Natalie Butter Milk" and "Embossed Daisies- Bisque" around the frame and finished off with rhinestones, crystal domes and  brass ringes. To adhere the flowers and frame, I used the "Heavy Gel Medium)



Step 5
To finish the project off,  I replace the hinges with vintage brass hinges.



Please join me as I take you through my creative process is this video:



I hope this leaves you inspired to create something beautiful !


I used the following Little Birdie supplies for this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment