Tutorials

Monday 23 July 2018

"Celebtrate"

Hi there!

I’m so excited to share my first Little Birdie Design Team Project with you! 
I designed a single scrapbook layout for my first project. A dear friend of mine recently had a birthday and this photo of her and her daughter was just perfect for it.

“Celebrate”



Let’s start!



Step 1



I chose paper from the Cottage Lace Collection to layer on white card-stock. I used the Lace paper as background and trimmed it 0,5” smaller. I fussy-cut the flowers from Wood-Plank paper and trimmed a piece of the wood paper to 4,5” x 6,5” . I tore along the right vertical side for interest. 

Step 2

Then I distressed all the edges and made two small tears in the top right-hand corner of the Lace paper.  I placed the paper pieces and cotton lace as in the picture above and adhered with the Little Birdie Acrylic Soft Gel Medium to the background.

Tip: If you do not have a distress tool, you can also use a small pair of sharp scissors.

Step 3

The background was the first splattered with the Golden Glaze, thinned with water and a flair paint-brush, and then Mixed Media Paste was randomly stenciled on the background with the "Spotty" stencil.

Tip: Remember to wash your stencils immediately to get rid of the left over paste.

Step 4

I decided to paint the chipboard frame and word with the “Golden Glaze” Tinted Metallic Paint. Although Little Birdie Chipboard is primed already, I wanted to make sure the Golden Glaze stand out, so I painted the chipboard with a thin layer Mixed Media Paste. It is a Gesso and modeling paste all in one. 

Tip: Thin the Mixed Media Paste with a little water to apply easier.

Step 5

To create additional dimension and interest, I used Little Birdie Sisal Fiber and adhered it to the area where the photograph will be placed. Again I used Little Birdie Acrylic Soft Gel Medium.

Step 6

I layered the photograph with the gold painted frame on the front and a piece of Little Birdie Cheese Cloth at the back. Then I created clusters of flowers with the Little Birdie Boutique Elements, the roses, small flowers and leaves.

Tip: To get more depth, I raised the photograph with thin cardboard.

Step 7

The Little Birdie Crystal Drops are perfect to accentuate and add interest. I used the Little Birdie Gel Medium to adhere them.  The Gel Medium dries clear and matt.

Step 8

The small painted chipboard word was adhered with Gel Medium in the right-hand corner, across the lace trim.

Step 9

The layout was finish the layout off with a small bow I made from Sisal Fiber and adhered it to the main flower cluster.

Here is some more close up photographs of the out:






I hope this leaves you inspired to create.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Ezmé


I used the following Little Birdie supplies for this single page layout:
·              Cottage Lace 12x12 Paper Collection
·              Sisal Fiber
·              Cheese cloth
·              Primed Chipboard – Birthday Wish
·              Primed Chipboard – Frame
·              Boutique Elements – Pearl Pink beaded flowers
·              Boutique Elements – Fiona Pearl pink roses
·              Crystal Drops
·              “Spotty” Stencil
·              Mixed Media Paste
·              Acrylic Soft Gel
·              Tinted metallic Paint – Golden Glaze



No comments:

Post a Comment